Alliance of European National Movements
- Conscious of our common responsibility for the European peoples and the diversity of cultures and languages they represent,
- Mindful of the inalienable values of Christianity, natural law, peace and freedom in Europe,
- Bearing in mind the numerous threats that powerful forces of globalisation pose to this priceless heritage.
Representing the national parties and movements in Europe, we demand:
- The creation of a Europe of free, independent and equal nations in the framework of a confederation of sovereign nation states, refraining from taking decisions on matters properly taken by states themselves;
- The rejection of any attempt to create a centralised European Super State.
- The promotion of the freedom, dignity and equal rights of every citizen, and opposition to all forms of totalitarianism.
- The primacy of direct votes by the people or their elected representatives over any administrative or bureaucratic body.
- The effective protection of Europe against new threats, such as terrorism and religious, political, economic, or financial imperialism.
- A peaceful and humane settlement of immigration problems through, among other measures, international cooperation aiming at development and self- sufficiency of third world countries.
- Strong policies in favour of families aiming at solving the demographic deficit in Europe and promoting traditional values throughout society.
- The preservation of the diversity of Europe that results from the variety of our identities, traditions, languages and indigenous cultures.
- A common fight of the European peoples against social dumping and the destructive effects of globalisation.
Strasbourg, 15 September 2009